Some visual conditions cannot be treated adequately with just glasses, contact lenses and/or patching, and are best resolved through a program of Vision Therapy.
What is Vision Therapy?
Vision Therapy is an individualized, supervised, treatment program designed to correct visual-motor and/or perceptual-cognitive deficiencies. Vision Therapy sessions include procedures designed to enhance the brain's ability to control:
- Eye alignment
- Eye tracking and eye teaming
- Eye focusing abilities
- Eye movements
- Visual processing
Visual-motor skills and endurance are developed through the use of specialized computer and optical devices, including therapeutic lenses, prisms, and filters. During the final stages of therapy, the patient's newly acquired visual skills are reinforced and made automatic through repetition and by integration with motor and cognitive skills.
Follow the links below to learn more about child and adult visual challenges:
- Learning-related Vision Problems
- Poor Binocular (2-eyed) Coordination
- Convergence Insufficiency Disorder
- Intermittent Exotropia caused by Convergence Insufficiency
- Stress-related Visual Problems
- Visual Rehabilitation for Injury or Conditions - Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI), Stroke, Birth Injury, Brain Damage, Head Injury, Whiplash, Cerebral Palsy, MS, etc.
- Visual Rehabilitation for Special Needs - Developmental Delays, Visual Perceptual Visual-Motor Deficits, Attention Deficit Disorders, Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Sports Vision Correction and/or Improvement
To learn more about crossed eyes, eye turns, or lazy eye, visit any of these web pages:
- About Eye Turns: Constant (Always) or Intermittent (Sometimes, Occasionally).
- Amblyopia, Lazy Eye, and Strabismus - Not All The Same!
- Children's Vision: Amblyopia (Lazy Eye), Strabismus (Crossed Eyes, Cross-eyed, Wall-eyed, Intermittent Exotropia, Hypertropia, Esotropia, etc.), Exophoria...
- Eye Muscle Surgery: Treatment for Strabismus, Lazy Eye, Intermittent Exotropia, etc.
- What is Amblyopia or Lazy Eye?
- What is Convergence Insufficiency Disorder, Intermittent Exotropia, Exophoria?
- What is Seeing Double or Double Vision?
- Vision Therapy Eye Exercises as Treatment for Amblyopia (Lazy Eye), Strabismus (Crossed eyes), Convergence Insufficiency Disorder, etc.
Vision Therapy can be the answer to many visual problems. Don't hesitate to contact our office with your questions.
To read definitions of Vision Therapy by outside sources, see What is Vision Therapy? and/or Vision Therapy? Self-help Eye Exercises? To browse through hundreds of stories written by parents, teachers, adults and children, go to a national of catalog of Vision Therapy Success Stories.
Schedule an Appointment
Call us today with questions or to schedule your appointment.