Light heals. Vision is vital. Call our office! Our goal is to put your problems behind you while helping you develop your upmost potential. Our independent program offers a unique blend of vision, light, and cognitive therapy. We offer a plan and a future rather than a mere label. We believe vision can improve and you along with it. We treat all ages from infants to seniors. Most seek our services for reading problems, headaches, and eye strain. But indirectly we may also help balance, sleep, immune, and digestive disorders as vision, vestibular, stress, and digestion are linked. As vision improves, your overall attitude and well being may improve in surprising ways, initially unforeseen. You will have most answers and a plan of treatment the day of your evaluation!
We invite you to call our office to see how we may help you or a loved one.
Specifically we offer several unique, safe, and non-invasive interventions:
- Carefully prescribed glasses, unique in this day of automation.
- Therapeutic or “Neuro” glasses that employ micro tints and prisms to soften the light and enhance depth perception.
- Light Therapy: to awaken and synchronize the eyes, brain, and body.
- Vision Therapy to develop visual skills of fixation, tracking, convergence, eye teaming, depth perception, and focus.
- Visual-Cognitive Therapy: to develop visualization and visual-logic important for memory, spelling, word attack, reading comprehension, math, eye contact, socialization, and critical thinking.
- Sports Vision Therapy: to improve eye-hand coordination, reaction speed, and field awareness.
- TBI “Trans-lid Binocular Inter-Oculator”: to break eye suppression, relax the brain, and improve eye-brain-body connectivity and coordination.
- BEMER: “Bio Electro Magnetic Energy Regulation” provides a gentle massaging electromagnetic pulse to increase micro circulation to promote body and eye health.
As an independent clinic we work directly with you. We treat most of the conditions we assess in house and generally NO additional outside testing and assessment time is required. We will offer you several recommendations to consider. As we do not endorse any specific insurance, we are free from the many impersonal insurance restrictions.
Vision Development Institute, P.C. is located in Pittsburgh just off a major interstate spur and serves the tri-state area of Ohio, West Virginia, and Pennsylvania. A number of our clients travel from out-of-state like Florida, New York, or any state for intensive programs over the summer, holidays, and vacations. There are a number of inexpensive near-by hotels close to shopping centers, museums, and sports venues that our out of town clients have enjoyed.
supervised, treatment program designed
to correct visual-motor and/
or perceptual-cognitive deficiencies.
Vision Therapy sessions include
procedures designed to enhance
the brain’s ability to control.
problems in a child or adult with
vision quizzes and checklists on this
page. Answer the questions, then
click on “Show Me the Answers”
to see how much you really know
about your vision.